As Administrative leader, the Executive Administrator will be the UNC Rex Vice President of Physician Services (.8 FTE) and will also be an active member of the UNC Rex physician staff (.2 FTE).
Responsibilities of Dyad Leadership:
• Provides direction with the development of strategic and financial goals for the RPN, including long range financial planning and branding and marketing strategies.
• Serves as UNC Health Care System representatives on various committees as a member of UNC Rex Physician Oversight Committee, to include The Physician Practice Management Committee and the Physician Compensation Committee.
• Works collaboratively to assure that operational initiatives support the evolution of the UNC Rex Physician practice care delivery system.
• Communicates on an on-going basis to physician leadership the goals of the RPN activities, and acts as a change agent toward achieving said goals.
• Acts as liaison between the RPN practice groups and UNC Rex and UNC HCS leadership, assuring communication between medical staff and administrative staff and, as necessary, boards and committees.
• Participates in community, business, and public relations activities and marketing campaigns, and respond to community issues to ensure a positive image and public presence for the RPN practices and to advance the strategic vision and mission.
• Develops strategic relationships with key area healthcare decision-makers; including those in managed care organizations, hospital systems, and other physician groups.
• Maintains regular contact with peers from hospitals, clinics, physician groups, academic institutions, and other medical-related organizations.
• Assures that RPN's programs, and services are consistently supported by UNC HCS Shared Support Services (i.e., CBO, HR, IT, etc.).
• Mentors members of the RPN practices who show an interest in leadership activities by encouraging their participation in leadership education and voluntary roles and nurturing their growth as leaders.
• Aligns physicians around inpatient and ambulatory quality of care, Care Redesign and top-performance productivity objectives, and coaches them to balance these priorities as the physician leader for quality initiatives in the physician practices.
• Ensures that patient experience, to include patient access for the clinical and non-clinical components of service (quality of service) is continually measured and meets the RPN standards of care.
• Encourages innovation and development of best practices to support patient care, medical education and cost-efficient outcomes.
• Maintains a system of peer review (subset of UNC Rex Medical Staff Peer Review Committee) pursuant to written procedures through the Physician Oversight Committee.
• MBA\MHA preferred, or administrative experience with a multispecialty practice/network
• Experience with Physician Networks and Healthcare Systems
• Excellent interpersonal communication and relationship building skills and be known for interacting effectively with multiple constituencies in complex situations.