UNC HEALTH CARE OTOLARYNGOLGY OPPORTUNITY IN WESTERN NORTH CAROLINA
UNC Caldwell in Lenoir is seeking an additional Otolaryngologist in Lenoir. Lenoir is next to the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains, but just a little over an hour from Charlotte and Asheville.
You would be joining an employed surgical staff that includes two General Surgeons, one Dialysis Access Surgeon and one Otolaryngology Surgeon. There are also the following surgical specialists in private practice: Vascular/Endovascular Surgeons; Foot and Ankle Podiatric Surgeon; two Orthopedic Surgeons and one Orthopedic Spine Surgeon.
Lifestyle, Scenery, Recreation, Friendship, Professional Career—Have it ALL!
- Location in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Northwestern North Carolina
- Home of the Caldwell Arts Council annual Sculpture Celebration in a county acclaimed by the Smithsonian for having the most public sculpture per capita of any small town in America
- Temperate climate with 4 seasons
- Natural scenic beauty in Wilson Creek Gorge, a Wild and Scenic River
- Breath-taking scenic views from The Blue Ridge Parkway
- Proximity to higher education opportunities: Appalachian State University in Boone, NC; Lenoir-Rhyne University in Hickory, NC; Caldwell Community College & Technical Institute in Hudson, NC; and an excellent pre-K – 12 public school system that includes an Early College High School
- A friendly atmosphere that welcomes newcomers to our community
- One hour-and-ten-minutes travel time each to: Charlotte Douglas International Airport; the eclectic attractions of Asheville; the arts and history of Winston-Salem; and only 20 minutes to the North Carolina High Country and the mountain resort community of Blowing Rock.
This Position Features:
- The benefits afforded a hospital-employed physician with rewards that recognize individual productivity
- First year compensation guarantee at MGMA national benchmarks for your specialty
- Attractive call rotation with collegial surgical staff partners
- Staff and administration in our practices who are well-trained, seasoned professionals
- A high-quality cadre of surgical and procedural specialists to serve our community
- A hospital that values physician partners as key members of our team
- Medical, dental, vision, disability, group life, employee assistance program (EAP), flexible spending account, and 403b
- Generous relocation allowance
- Professional Liability coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Continuing Medical Education allowance